Followers

[Kaiyodo] Revoltech Convoy and Megatron

Posted by biboybob Monday, January 5, 2009

Figure Details:
Manufacturer: Kaiyodo
Scale: non-scale
Material : PVC/ABS
Release Dates: Convoy - Jan 2007 Megatron - Apr 2007
SRP: 2,400 Yen each
Links:
Convoy at Play-Asia, HLJ
Megatron at Play-Asia, HLJ

One of the things that I would like to do for 2009 is to open my figures and play with them more. Among them, my Figmas and Revoltechs are the top candidates since they are poseable, and I can take different shots and while playing. I chose to start the year with these two: Revoltech Convoy and Megatron!


I hate to disappoint you but these figures do not transform. Yes, they don't. But the reason why I bought them is because they are articulated in as many points as possible, and that they are the classic TF (unlike those TF Animated versions).
Convoy (or Optimus Prime as we all call him) comes with a few alternate hands, his classic rifle, and his Matrix of Leadership.
While Megatron comes with a alternate hands and an alternate head (I don't really know why there is another head that is very similar to the main one). Unfortunately the 'gun' on his right arm cannot be detached.
Convoy and Megatron face off.
And makes those poses to determine which of them is cuter.Before battling it out for The Matrix. And the winner is, of course...If not for the very visible joints on the legs and shoulders of these two figures, I would rank them as the best among those TF figures that do not transform. They are really poseable, and they can balance well on their own, stands are not needed when posing them. They also have the classic looks that I am missing among those recent TF toys. One more thing, Kaiyodo could have provided more accessories with each figure, to ensure maximum playtime pleasure. ^_^

Trivia: Convoy is the japanese equivalent of Prime. It is a title given to top Autobots who possess 'the maxtrix. Thus, Optimus Prime and Rodimus Prime.

Next to open: Figma 009: Fate T. Harlaown!

.

2 comments

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. I like the pics =) .. and nice background ..

     
  3. biboybob Says:
  4. thanks! ahm..cartolina lang yan haha.