Followers

Papercraft

Posted by biboybob Thursday, April 3, 2008

Have read about this from a forum that I am regularly visiting, and it's so good that I can't help but repost.

Paper models, card models, or papercrafts are models/figures mainly made not from the usual plastic types but from, of course, paper. Building and collecting these have become a very popular hobby and a lot of very detailed and complex paper models have been available worldwide. Loads of free patterns can also be found on the internet. One would not expect that papers can be transformed into something that highly resembles other objects, from mansions to gadgets, and even people. Of course the manga and anime world would definitely be a great theme for papercrafts, and so far I have been very interested to some of them:

Fate/Stay Night

Download the patterns here.

Gundams
Go mecha here.

Pokemon
Get them here.

Star Wars
Get tons of them here.

Not even companies can resist the popularity of papercrafting. Yamaha Motors has their own line of realistic motorcycles, while Canon created some kiddie stuff.

Please take note that I did not create any of models above, and so I do not claim ownership to them. If you are thinking of asking me on how to successfully create one, I could not help you since I haven't even tried on printing one. You may contact their creators, as all rights are reserved to them. Ok ok? ^^

~~~

0 comments