Followers

Ozine Fest 2008

Posted by biboybob Monday, April 7, 2008

Went to SM Megamall this afternoon for the Ozine Fest 2008, hoping that I could dig some bargains. The entrance fee is 100 pesos, but unfortunately I didn't find anything interesting among the few toy booths around Megatrade Hall 2. If not for the cosplayers, I could have gone home after a few minutes.

The venue is small and a little hot, good thing these didn't ruin the cosplay contest. There were 252 participants, it took around two and a half hours before everyone was done with the catwalk. Sobrang sakit tuloy ng binti ko pagkatapos! The place is crowded that it is a bit hard to take pictures since hindi ka makapwesto ng maayos. Nonetheless, this is probably the cosplay event that I enjoyed the most. There was a good mix of old and new anime characters that were portrayed, and most of the cosplayers were not hesitant to give their best on their presentations.
Of course, heroes from our favorite animes like Naruto, Bleach, and Fullmetal Alchemist are present during the event. What surprised me is that a number of participants also picked those which are from the not-so-popular-locally series such as Code Geass, D.Gray-Man, and Shakugan no Shana. Also, lolitas are everywhere to be seen, something that is not common, as far as I know, during the previous cosplays.

Ok, enough of the talking. I know you only want the photos so here they are (below each is the caption):^ A lot of people went around the stage, this is the closest that I can be. T_T
^ Banners featuring some of our faves are all around the place, too bad I wasn't able to take some.
^ This has also been an event for Lineage II, a MMORPG. I was too busy I didn't ask what they are doing here for.
^ It's always good to start the day with our friends from Naruto. This is Uchiha Sasuke in Shipuuden costume. Nice belt!
^ Aburame Shino modelling for Transformers figures. Cool shades!
^ A few minutes after dressing up, Master Jiraiya got her first female victim! ^^
^ I belive this is Kankuro, minus the face markings. I couldn't believe he replaced them with an eyeglasses. What's the problem huh?
^ And of course, cosplays would not be complete if you don't a single Akatsuki member lurking around...
^ Lacus Clyne from Gundam Seed bacame cuter even more with her green Haro.
^ Cute little sisters! Oh by the way, why is Cloud Strife with you?
^ The prettiest Yuna (FFX2) cosplayer that I've ever seen, and probably the prettiest in this event! Too bad she wasn't smiling here...^ Pretty neat costume, but I forgot who she is.
^ Nasaan ang liwanag?
^ And some more cosplayers that I don't know...
^And more...
^ He's from Final Fantasy I believe...
^ And more...
^ Believe me brother, you don't need that poster to tell us who you are. ^^
^ I wonder what's in this lolita that Kenpachi (Bleach) eagerly wants that he had to swing his Zanpakutoh...
^ Hard Gay on the left, Iron Man on the right. These two sure have too much in common!
^ This is my friend Ian begging for his life as he is being choked by Hellboy. I couldn't help him since I was holding my camera.
^ More cute little girls...
^ And a cute little... WTH happened to Bumblebee?! All because of that prism?!
~~~

EDIT: After viewing my post, I realized that even I get annoyed of my photo-caption layout. It should have been the caption first before the photo to lessen the confusion. But it's past 12am already, and I am too lazy today so I guess you should just forgive me. ^^

0 comments